How to Apply for the UK Scholarship.
The United Kingdom is mostly famous among international students who wish to study abroad because of its top-ranked universities, short-term degrees, and cultural diversity, apart from these it is also popularly known for the plethora of scholarships it offers to international students. Getting a master’s degree from the UK might be expensive for a few international students due to which the UK government offers a wide range of scholarship programs helping students financially. The scholarships are offered based on the course, university, program, and eligibility critters by the UK Government, universities, and private organizations that wish to support students. The following is information about different scholarships available for international students in the UK.
1. British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships -
- One of the highly ranked scholarships that offer a tuition fee for a one-year master’s degree in more than 12,000 courses and 150 universities.
- The application for this scholarship starts in the month of August and ends in November, and it offers a scholarship with a net worth of INR 15,81,259.
2. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree Scholarships -
- It is offered to any student who likes to pursue a joint master’s degree from any institute that is under Erasmus Mundus Program. It consists of 24 grants that are offered to third-world countries and EU nationals.
- The scholarship consists of tuition fees, travel allowances, library charges, insurance, etc.
3. A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship -
- It is mainly provided for English professors who want to pursue one year master’s program in ELT at the University of Warwick.
- It provides a monthly stipend to the students for living, tuition, visa, and language tests. The application for this scholarship closes in October.
4. Felix Scholarship -
- It is offered to international students who need financial support for their future studies. It is offered to 20 students every year.
- The scholarship provides support of INR 76,74,340 for tuition fees and other living expenses. The applications for this scholarship close by December or January.
5. Rhodes Scholarship -
- It is one of the oldest scholarships for Indian students. It is offered to postgraduate students willing to pursue a one- or two-year master’s program in UK universities.
- The scholarship covers around INR 55,73,023, which covers tuition fees, travel expenses, living costs, and other educational-related expenses.
6. Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan -
- It is offered by 53 commonwealth countries for students from commonwealth nations. Till now this scholarship has been awarded to 30,000 students.
- The scholarship includes tuition fees, airline charges, and other expenses of the students in the UK. The application deadline for this scholarship closes in December.
7. Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships -
- It is offered by British Council; it consists of 10 long-term awards in the field of arts and heritage conservation.
- The scholarship provides visiting fellowships in specific programs, and financial grants for research and doctoral programs as well as permits the student to attend Scottish University Summer School. The application deadline will be in the month of December.
8. Scotland Saltire Scholarships -
- The scholarship provides financial support of INR 7,78,725 which covers one-year master’s tuition fees in Scotland’s Institutions. The last date to apply for this scholarship would be 31st July.
UK universities also offer scholarships for international students. The list of university-offered scholarships is as follows
||Coventry Academic Performance Scholarship
Students must get admission into the full-time undergraduate or
postgraduate programs at the Coventry University
||Gates Cambridge Scholarships
Students applying for Ph.D. / MSc courses in UK universities are
available only for degree courses. Awarded to 55 eligible students.
||1st December or 5th January
||Edinburgh Doctoral College Scholarship
Students enrolled in on-campus research programs and both full-time and
part-time research programs
||Covers tuition fees and other expenses.
||University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships
Should have a full-time offer letter from the university and a prior
||30th March or 1st July
||UAL Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate International Scholarships
Students enrolled in any master’s program of the university and willing
to return to their home country after completing the course
One scholarship of INR 4,19,301 covers only the tuition fee. Another
scholarship of INR 20,96,509 which covers tuition fee accommodation, and
The list of other program-based scholarships is as follows
Scholarships for Master’s program
Scholarships for MBA Program
- Marshall Scholarships
- Castle Smart Scholarships
- Cardiff University Elite International Scholarships
- University of Edinburgh Global Scholarships
- Queen’s University Belfast International Scholarships
Ph. D. Scholarships
- GREAT Scholarships
- The Global Study Awards
- Chevening Scholarships
- MBA Visionary Scholarship by the University of Strathclyde
- IKOS Scholarships
- Women in Leadership Scholarship
- Imperial College London president’s Ph.D. scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Carnegie Ph.D. Scholarship
- Charles Wallace Indian Trust Scholarship
- The Royal Society Grants
- The Newton-Bhabha Fund